Saturday, June 6, 2009

Cypress Gardens, Florida


CG.17 - Cypress Gardens Aqua-Maids on Parade in four Daily Water Ski Shows at Cypress Gardens. The beautiful AquaMaids do precision plus water skiing as they come by the crowd in various ballet routines.


CG.22 - Water Ski Trick Riding - Here is the famous backward swan as demonstrated by the originator of this trick, Willa Worthington McGuire, who holds the Women's World Championship. This stunt is performed daily in the four water ski shows at Florida Cypress Gardens.


CG.21 - Barefoot Skiing At Cypress Gardens - Dick Pope Jr., Men's World Water Ski Champion, barefoot skiing at Cypress Gardens. This is a trick originated by this famous youngster. Barefoot skiing is part of the several daily water ski shows at Cypress Gardens.


194.F - It's a topside tandem for the water ski champions at the Florida Cypress Gardens as they speed over the water at 35 m.p.h.


CG.23 - Floriday Cypress Gardens are the international home of waterskiing and are responsible for the present popularity of the sport. Four times daily a group of world famed Aquamaids and Water Ski Champions put on a thrilling and highly entertaining water show.

2 comments:

  1. I remember the Aquamaids! As a little girl, I liked Timmy the Tiger and Corky the Clown. When I was growing up, we went with my grandparents ad nauseam. Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandparents took me there constantly as well. I always enjoyed the gardens but for some reason the ski shows never interested me much.

    ReplyDelete