Monday, July 12, 2010

Knott's Berry Farm - Buena Park, California

Nell and Belle
Knott's Berry Farm, Ghost Town, Calif.
The most photographed girls in Ghost Town.  These colorful statues bring untold mirth to all who pose with them.

The Calico Saloon Bar
Knott's Berry Farm and Ghot Town
Buena Park, Calif.
Visitors of Ghost Town gather at this colorful frontier bar to enjoy entertainment and sip a cool glass of sarsparilla.

Goldie's Place
Knott's Berry Farm, Ghost Town, California
Visitors on Main Street, seem to be attracted by some activity back at the Town Jail.

4 comments:

  1. I went to Knott's Berry Farm when I was in California in 1996, but I don't remember any ghost town attractions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had a chance to go on any of my trips out to CA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember much "theme" to the park, but there were oodles of fairground-type rides. I thought I would die on the ship that swings back and forth, and one of my sister-in-law's sisters-in-law hurt her back on the bumper cars. That was probably the last time I rode a log flume, too.

    But the scariest thing was when an extremely beligerant security guard almost attacked me physically, leaning over toward my face, shouting, to intimidate me into throwing away the can of Coke I brought with me after our picnic lunch in the parking lot. I did not see any signs prohibiting such behavior upon entering. No one among the ticket staff objected, as I held the open container up to pass through the turnstiles, but, as I casually sipped my beverage, a few minutes later, this bully came at me with a mighty wrath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up in that area, used to go Knotts Berry Farm when I was a kid in the 40,s 50,s and 60,s things have changed so much as I observe I dont want to ever come back there too many rides gobbledy goop, you should have left it the way it was

    ReplyDelete